Congratulations to my sister Sheila for accurately identifying the source of the title of my previous post. Yes, I was thinking of Hamlet and not Troilus and Cressida.
In the spirit of the season, I’m posting this little quiz. I’d love to hear your answers! I’ve included mine.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?? Hot Chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Family presents are wrapped, Santa presents sometimes wrapped, sometimes not. We’re not real big on Santa but do love to wait and put gifts out on Christmas Eve.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have but I’m considering it this year to “up” the romance factor in the house. All a part of my quest to be a better wife! 🙂
5. When do you put your decorations up? Mostly the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I’m a Christmas groupie and keep buying things and putting them up throughout the season.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Tie – I like the visual combination of spinach casserole and raspberry / cranberry congealed salad. The dark red and green look really good together and they both taste GREAT!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to my grandmother’s and spending time with my cousins every year.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? We never made a big deal about Santa in our family so I don’t really know.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? With our own nuclear family, we draw names after Thanksgiving for a “secret Santa” for lack of a better term. We do nice things for the person all month and then buy them a gift ($10.00 limit). Those get opened on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of lights then the ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We rarely have it so I LOVE it when we get some.
12. Can you ice skate? I did once, but that was 25 years ago.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Harry Connick Jr. Christmas cd that replaced my worn out tape.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus birth and enjoying my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing Christmas music. We have a standard set that we play all month — Michael W. Smith, Point of Grace, Harry Connick Jr. and, of course, Handel’s Messiah in full at least once a week!
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All is Well by Michael W. Smith
20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy? Yuck!
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story “You’ll shoot your eye out!” Ha ha!