1. I am now the proud owner of e-tickets for flights that will carry me to and from Italy in April. My dad very graciously allowed me to use his frequent flier miles so I only had to pay $125.00 in taxes and booking charges. How amazing is that? How amazing is he?
2. Since January I’ve lost 13 1/2 pounds. I want to lose 11 1/2 more by the time we leave. Don’t applaud yet because I still have a LONG way to go and will probably have to think about what I eat for the rest of my life. I just don’t want to spend the rest of my life being FAT and thinking about what I eat.
3. Plans are shaping up for my California trip. Did I tell you I’m going to California? It’s a work thing, but it’s going to be so great. We have our flights, our hotel rooms are booked, and the van for the drive down the coast is rented.
4. The WINGS conference was this past weekend and it went very well. We had record attendance. I helped with music/song leading and was on a panel discussing the reality of motherhood vs. the cultural myths. I hope if you’re within driving distance of Searcy you will try to come next year. It’s always the last weekend in February, so mark your calendar now.
5. I have exactly one week left to be 39. Thursday is my birthday and I will be 40. I’ve been practicing it. “I’m forty.” “How old am I? Not thirty!” “Yes, I’m forty.” How weird is this? I remember when my MOM turned 40. How can I be turning 40 when inside I feel pretty much like I did when I was — well, not 18, but 25 I guess. 40. It is a very important number in the Bible, and it’s playing out that way for me too. This year I am:
- Going to California for the first time
- Going to Europe for the first time
- Finishing grad school
I’m not sure if that’s anything of Biblical proportions, but it’s very, very cool!
Kids are good, by the way. I’ll put some pictures up soon. Life’s just kind of going in fast forward these days.