Did I mention that this has been my spring break? Harding and Searcy
never rarely have the same spring break so this year I negotiated a bit with mine. I worked through Harding’s so I could take off the same week my children would be out of school. We didn’t have any big plans (like — ahem! — a trip to London), but our week at home has been good. Here are some highlights:
1. Played baseball in the yard. I got a sports injury, which is quite an accomplishment for bookish me.
2. Helped record a vocal track for XEA/Regina’s spring sing show. Now my children can hear me belting out Bohemian Rhapsody on notes that are off the staff. That was cool.
3. Tilled a wee bit o’ ground for a future garden. Definitely tomatoes, cukes, bell and jalapeno peppers, and . . . I don’t know. What else do you think we should do?
4. Took four bags and 5 boxes of things to Goodwill. I love it when my house loses weight.
5. Watched the boys play lots of Guitar Hero (borrowed from a friend).
Warning: Do not hit that first link unless you are already familiar with the volume and antics of Axl Rose. I don’t want to be responsible for sending anyone into premature coronary failure.
7. Went to a book club meeting to talk about the Guernsey book. I think everyone loved it as much as I did. You really should read it!
8. More de-cluttering. Laundry. Vacuuming. Dusting. Ran the dishwasher about 3 times a day. (lots of mouths to feed here, ya know!)
9. Made chocolate chip cookies. Ate chocolate chip cookies.
10. Had a great time just being here! It’s been great to only have one full-time job this week!