1. Things I love
- Yesterday was Noelle’s birthday. Today is Emily’s. I love that they have back-to-back birthdays, although I seriously doubt that they do. It wasn’t planned that way and wasn’t even supposed to be that way. Noelle was due at the end of December and Emily was due at the end of January. Instead, they were born on January 12 and 13. Officially, they were 3 years and 9 hours apart, the times just happened to straddle midnight.
- I love this blogpost by Mike Cope. I love Mike Cope too, and I love that God brought him into my life. He was our preacher when I was in high school and college. He was YOUNG. I didn’t realize exactly how young until much later, but he was young and deep and thoughtful. I love reading his blog now.
- I love the slow beginning to the semester that we’ve had. It was going to be a gradual transition anyway but having the snow days really slowed things down in a spectacular way.
2. Things I’ve learned
- I’ve learned that cutting back on caffeine and going back to work is not a good combination.
- I’ve learned that I don’t really like pizza other than on thin crust, and that two pieces really are enough.
- I’ve learned that when I’m patient enough, I can still edit a webpage by going into the raw code. Do I like it? No, but I can do it.
- I’ve learned that I retain more of what I write than what I type. This is causing a return to physical journaling.
- I’ve learned that “journaling” is not a word in the spell check program. But it is now. I just added it.
- I’ve learned that no matter how well I sleep during the breaks, once work starts, I don’t sleep well.
One more note: I just started working through Marianne Williamson’s book, “A Course in Weight Loss.” So far, I really like it. Although I am doing the work in a pen-and-paper journal, I will be writing about it here. I hope you don’t mind hearing about my food angst.