Today, my friend Matt reminded me that I actually have a blog. And that I used to write.
I hadn’t really forgotten, but honestly — it’s been the last thing on my mind. Reading back through all of this made me realize how much I love writing and how much I missed it. I’ve probably lost my entire audience. That’s OK. The demise of Google reader may be partly to blame, but my silence would be the main culprit.
There’s too much going on to try to catch you up on life in general, but I do think I’m ready to write. Because music is such a huge part of who I am, I want to follow up on the song challenge I started a LONG time ago and never finished. It was before Em’s wreck, so that’s been almost two years.
Two years. Can you believe it?
There’s so much new music in my life, that writing about music seems like a good place to start. It will also give me structure and a plan. And it will soothe my soul.
Here’s the challenge:
- day 01 – your favorite song
- day 02 – your least favorite song
- day 03 – a song that makes you happy
- day 04 – a song that makes you sad
- day 05 – a song that reminds you of someone
- day 06 – a song that reminds you of somewhere
- day 07 – a song that reminds you of a certain event
- day 08 – a song that you know all the words to
- day 09 – a song that you can dance to
- day 10 – a song that makes you fall asleep
- day 11 – a song from your favorite band
- day 12 – a song from a band you hate
- day 13 – a song that is a guilty pleasure
- day 14 – a song that no one would expect you to love
- day 15 – a song that describes you
- day 16 – a song that you used to love but now hate
- day 17 – a song that you hear often on the radio
- day 18 – a song that you wish you heard on the radio
- day 19 – a song from your favorite album
- day 20 – a song that you listen to when you’re angry
- day 21 – a song that you listen to when you’re happy
- day 22 – a song that you listen to when you’re sad
- day 23 – a song that you want to play at your wedding
- day 24 – a song that you want to play at your funeral
- day 25 – a song that makes you laugh
- day 26 – a song that you can play on an instrument
- day 27 – a song that you wish you could play
- day 28 – a song that makes you feel guilty
- day 29 – a song from your childhood
- day 30 – your favorite song at this time last year
I already did the first few so I’ll see what I used then. If it’s still the same, I’ll repost it. If I’ve found something new, I’ll redo it.
And you know me. I won’t just share the song; there will be stories. There will be thought. There will be reasons. There will be rambling and processing and too many words and days when I forget to write anything.
But oh my friends . . . there will be great, great music.