What are some things you need more of in your life?
In my yoga group, I added this to the prompt: Let’s tweak this a bit: What are some realistic self-care things you need to do more of? No guilting ourselves about not “doing good” enough. We are made in God’s image and it doesn’t get any better than that.
This was my answer:
1. Writing in a journal. A lot of my writing happens on a keyboard, which is good but not the same.
2. Time with friends.
3. Walking and being outside. Now that we’re approaching Spring, this will be more likely.
4. Phone calls instead of messaging so I can have real conversations with people.
All of these are realistic and would add joy to my days.
That was a few days ago.
- I am still struggling with writing, whether here or in a journal. Is it time management? Maybe. It’s more likely, though, that I’m avoiding some of the difficult things that I would write about. I would 100% rather focus on easy and light things. Unfortunately, I also have a lot of difficult and dark things too. Sometimes, life is just hard, and it adds up over time.
- Compared to what I hear others talk about, I think I do a pretty good job with spending time with friends. In fact, when I wrote that, I was reflecting on a wonderful Saturday evening around a fire pit that we had just had and I knew that having even more would be good for my soul.
- This is very weather-dependent but lately our weather has been cooperative. Thankfully, on Friday we are going to Chicago for a few days and will be doing lots of walking there. I’m looking forward to it so very much.
- This is hard for me because I feel like I am bothering people.
But here’s to baby steps that could add more of these good things into my life.